View Single Post
Old 16-08-2016, 11:12 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
I've watched BB since the first series where the general consensus was that the nastier housemates didn't deserve to be there and were promptly voted out. But nowadays, it seems like the more fame hungry you are, the less amount of respect you have for others, the more bitchy you are, the more you get involved in public sexual activity, the more anti-social you are, the more you deserve to be there. And if you're a genuinely nice, decent person who has intelligent conversations and don't go round looking for attention or controversy, then you're a terrible housemate and you shouldn't be there. There are impressionable teenagers that watch this show and if they see these type of HMs portrayed as deserving to be in there, they will think that this is the way to get ahead in life.

People are saying that Bear is funny. What on earth is funny about seeing him deliberately go round goading his fellow HMs and deliberately goading others and upsetting them? He doesn't seem to care about it. Just as long as it gives him airtime, that's all that matters to him. He seems completely and utterly incapable of putting himself into anyone else's shoes. For those who think he's funny - if you were living with him and he was constantly doing these things both to you and in your presence, would you find him funny then? Because something tells me you wouldn't. So why, just because it's not happening to you personally, does that make his behaviour acceptable? I have never been able to understand that particular logic of it being okay for someone to do it to someone else, but not to you.

He knows exactly what he's doing. Pranks stop becoming pranks when the person on the receiving end gets angry and/or upset and when the "prankster" keeps on doing it even when they know that the other person doesn't like it.

And I don't think it's fair to call the others boring. How do we know that they're boring when we haven't even seen enough of them to come to that judgement? If anything, I find Bear boring because he just says and does the same things over and over again.

In your humble opinion
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote