View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:59 AM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Usual issue you have with it truth and my response is the same as ever: the fact that many churches do many good things, does not make any of the fairytales true. Wanting something to be real does not make it so.
: laugh:

And just in case anyone missed the others:

The Cumaen Sibyl? The Delphian Oracle? Cassandra? Who the hell are THEY?

We have our very own, all seeing, all knowing, Oracle on Tibb, and now that you have absolutely decreed that all religions are based upon 'fairytales', and emphatically answered THE greatest enigma ever to perplex the greatest philosophers throughout mankind's history - whether God exists or not - we can ALL be enlightened.

But your decree creates a further enigma in my mind:

Does your 'Scientific Rationalism' only apply where it suits your own agenda?

I mean;

Has 'science' categorically PROVEN that God does NOT exist? Err...... NO.

Is 'science' continually PROVING that many of the narratives in both the Old AND New Testaments are based on some FACT? Err...... YES.

The answer to the first question above, renders your 'statement' then, in the post I have quoted, no MORE than mere OPINION, no more or less credible than anyone else's opinion - Believers or non-Believers.

And - unless, YOU are the very omnipotent God whom you spend so much time denying in your posts - it is an opinion no more qualified than most other people's, and one which is CERTAINLY a lot less qualified than some --- In MY opinion, of course.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 01-09-2016 at 08:03 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote