View Single Post
Old 21-09-2016, 12:29 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Evidence please?
Depends how you define 'wrong' doesn't it. I would take that to mean they voted on immigration reasons and I don't really think this can be denied, given the leave campaigns main point was immigration? And that immigration is not realistically going to change if we are to strike any kind of trading deal with the EU. So in effect, a fair few were 'duped' into voting as it appears changes to immigration (nor the fund to the NHS, which people believed also) are actually unlikely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...t-immigration/

Quote:
Lord Ashcroft'smega-poll of 12,369 voters after the referendum suggested as such, finding that one third of Leave voters chose to back Brexit as they saw it "offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders." This was the second biggest motivation for Leave voters, just behind “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”.
Poll at the bottom too. Majority of people who voted leave did so because of immigration, of people who took the poll.

Of course, some remainers feel duped too. Of people I speak to a few regret voting stay (even though their vote made no difference anyway) because they were scared they would lose their pensions, which apparently was a huge lie. Some regret being scared of losing their jobs, as it appears now they won't no matter what happens. I think its a bit too early to be breathing a sigh of relief just yet about your job though, given nothing has even been set in stone yet and companies may well bugger off.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 21-09-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote