View Single Post
Old 28-09-2016, 05:14 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
look at any similar sized organisation/business and do they have a number of twits, twats and crims in their numbers?

Of course they do (just look at the church ) but the police also have guns and also have to deal with the scum of society so why anyone is surprised is beyond me, its a fact of life and the law need our support not being made falsely to be some murderous regime by certain "groups"
..I think that's the vicious circle though, LT...as Niamh said, the police or there to protect and serve the people...which means working with the people to reduce crime/to prevent and that can't happen while it's seen more as a 'them and us' thing...that they're more the enemy of some sections of society, which seems very much the case atm....it's very much why police actions have to be fully investigated and fully explained to the public with questionable incidents and questionable killings because if they're not...then we're not really 'serving the police force', either...we're just leaving them vulnerable within their jobs ....I would say that not all police officers were suited to the job they do because if that wasn't so...?...then that would be quite unique in a profession...but it would be too simplistic to just put it down to the individual as well because so much I think is down to resources/limitations and not sufficient training given and not the right training to prevent and to preserve life..(while upholding the law..)..it's not an either/or situation..all of us in our jobs would feel 'out of out depth' if we faced situations that we didn't feel fully and properly trained in..and out of someone's depth in the police force, when faced with the decisions they are faced with and when 'making a call' with an armed weapon...could mean death for an innocent in front of a police officer, or indeed, death for the police officer themselves...if things aren't brought to attention, then how are we serving the police departments either...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote