BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I read another interesting article a while ago, Maru, about a teacher who had bottled water on desks and got them to bring in their carpet slippers and take off shoes, that worked very well in the classroom generally and learning went up. I wonder sometimes if classrooms/detentions etc just need a little bit of offbeat to get the learning juices flowing.
I used to drink a lot of bottled water in school. It was against the rules, but I don't think a lot of teachers would have problem with adding water the classroom. I don't even think some kids know what water is... they probably think it is soda

The carpet slippers would be a great idea for elementary. If anything, it's less wear and tear on the carpets. They should have as much daylight coming in too as possible. I hate artificial lighting and a lack of windows. I only turn on lights in my house when it is proper dark. I'm sure it reduces electric bills with regards to AC since we live in a tropical climate, but the rooms were always so cold and I would start to fall asleep when they ran projectors. My non-magnet elementary had wall to wall windows, a skylight and the rooms were so full of color and I recognized later that my moods/productivity was lower because of it when I transferred to a magnet program...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote