Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I appreciate that mods are here to offer up explanations as there does appear to be some dissension on the matter. Personally, I've never had anything deleted, edited or removed on TiBB... so I can't say for sure anything...

However, on other sites I used to receive PMs when posts were removed, edited, when threads were moved etc... some places the edits were made on the post and an explanation towards the end... (probably should poll users before doing this to see if it is appropriate)

I think this works far more effectively than a non-explanation and even in some cases better than an infraction... doesn't need to be an exhaustive rundown, just short and to the point explanation. Maybe one or two sentences. It invites a response, a little more work sometimes on the front end for a mod , but it does give the affected user a chance to explain their problematic post, allowing room for mutual respect to occur, and hopefully to prevent further issues in the future... which imo, is not only is more transparent for user, but for the mod but for the user... makes it easier to mod discussions over time as some users get the message quicker and can build rapport (lead to less micro mgmt)... then you can focus solely on taking care of the true bad guys ... because you see better the intention of some people's writing styles and can correct them accordingly, and not witnessing an increasingly disaffected user who feels continually impeded when making arguments in highly contested threads.
What Maru said that pinpoints my thoughts on the matter beautifully
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote