View Single Post
Old 25-11-2016, 12:30 PM #439

Halloween - 7.5

It's probably the most iconic film on the list so I feel bad for the relatively low score (awaits abuse from Jason and Cal) but I just didn't enjoy it that much tbh. I have tons of respect for it for it's impact though. I mean without Halloween there might not have been Scream, and so possibly the late 90's horror revival... and without Scream there wouldn't have been Scary Movie ... and without Scary Movie then Anna Faris probably wouldn't have happened in which case 'The House Bunny' might not have happened either So Halloween being directly responsible for The House Bunny obviously makes it an important classic! In all seriousness though it's impact on the genre is undeniable, and I found it watchable enough, it just didn't strike any chord with me personally beyond that.

Things that I did like about it though, the opening where you see the murder take place but only realise afterwards it was a child that committed it, was really chilling. The performances were great (especially considering the lack of experience from most of the main cast). The music. The direction (in particular the many first-person shots worked really well).

Near the end though when she finds the bodies and they start to inexplicably pop out at her I couldn't help but laugh and I found the whole sequence a bit silly. And when Michael has a clear shot to stab Laurie when he's standing behind her but he completely misses and just tears her sleeve a bit I dunno I mean it's not like she even moved or anything so again I just found it a bit silly. They're very little things though and I'm just being picky, there was nothing I particularly or majorly disliked about it, like I say it's just that there isn't a lot I particularly loved about it either.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote