Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Lil Tim F.
had a Hard time with Andrew on Daily Politics today
BBC2HD midday on record
he was TOLD OFF for being a FECKING PARROT

LT

I bet MTVN watched it , by now
I did feel Tim Farron did quite well really, I couldn't see the point of the hostile approach on talking to him about an extraordinary by-election win.

I find it astonishing that while Zac was standing his ground when he resigned here and stood as an Independent, that the Conservatives put no candidate up who was presenting the new runway case.
All the candidates were against the new runway proposal.

The Lib Dems have along with the bulk of the Conservative party until the 90s, been the strongest advocates always as to the EU.
The Labour party as you know,have alwys had a strong eurosceptic element in theirs.

So the Lib Dems I feel did win this largely on their very clear stand on the EU and they make no secret of it, they would fight to stay in, if they felt they had a chance to bring that about.

Just under 17.5 million voted to leave, what keeps being avoided is that also just over 16 million voted to stay.
Public opinion is very fickle and on close figures like that, can change in an instant.

There are opinions that now near 6 months on,rightly or wrongly, the mood has changed, and people would vote differently now and /or want more say in the process or final deal.

The next by-election will be interesting to watch,if the Lib Dems stay true to their form, they will fight that on the same stance.
Sleeford voted strongly to leave,lets see what happens to the Lib Dem vote there in an all main party contest.
Particularly. let's see what happens to the UKIP vote too there.

Last edited by joeysteele; 02-12-2016 at 10:26 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote