View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:16 PM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I loved the first half of Luke Cage but the second half was terrible and it only gets worse the more I think about it.

Spoiler:

Getting rid of Cottonmouth so quickly was stupid, Diamondback was a pantomine villain and they missed a trick by sidelining Mariah in favour of him.

It's also annoying that a huge chunk of the series was spent on trying to sort out Luke' injury when they could have dealt with that arc in less time and still have the impact it had before. Luke Cage should have been an eight episode series, there was way too much filler in the last half.
Spoiler:

Cottonmouth was a much better villain, and the only thing that saved the latter half in terms of villains was Mariah and Shades who I thought was decent. I still found it watchable almost all of the way but I swear to god, the second half of the final episode is some of the worst written television I've ever seen, literally. To the point that I don't actually understand how it can have happened. The writing is bad... The dialogue is awful... The premise is stupid and unrealistic (for a superhero drama, even!)... I just can't.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote