View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 01:45 PM #31
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Speech delay..but besides that everythings fine. I haven't looked into it too much tbh I am just freaking myself out based on old info...when Gavins other son was late training the school apparently told his mother that they would not take him in nappies/pullups and would not 'stand for' accidents everyday either This was 5 years ago now mind
I don't know, maybe it is different south of the border. I do remember dealing with my sister in laws high school (she lived with us for a couple of months in her final year) who had a very similar demeanor to that. Being confrontational / dictating terms,when she was already having issues at home, it was a nightmare.

Meanwhile up here they're basically jumping through hoops for us... My daughter is 4 but is autistic and has a developmental age of around 2.5 and is also highly inconsistent. She will use a potty one day like it's the most normal thing in the world, consistently all day... Then dance around the room wetting the rug the next. She'll come up to me and say "Pooey! New nappy!" one day and then literally the next day, smear **** up the wall without a word. But like I said she is 100% diagnosed ASD, mostly non-verbal and has a statement of educational needs in place which I think makes a big difference. The local council have to basically whatever is needed to ensure she can have some form of education.

Obviously your daughter has nowhere near that level of additional needs but with both the toileting and the speech delay I would personally say it's worth discussing with someone about getting a statement of educational needs for her? Basically just outlines what additional support she needs and if you have one then the school can't refuse it, as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-02-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote