View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 12:26 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxie-D View Post
Katie P was so boring!! She might be better next time, would help the ratings and might make the line up look a bit more "famous" but other than that how is she a legendary housemate?
There's a difference between being boring and being reserved & mature. In a season as attention-seeking/toxic as CBB15, personalities like Pricey, Cheggers, and even Patsy shined so well for a lot of us. You couldn't just have a season full of arguing and in your face attitudes. I mean I guess Michelle or Calum could've served the same overarching hero role as Pricey but they let themselves down as soon as they joined Team Hopkins, not to mention never admitting any of her faults.

I say Katie Price is someone to root for because she went in intentionally trying to have no pre-conceived notions about anyone in there and had viewpoints independent to herself. She was the only housemate to find Perez annoying but still enjoy him. She thought Keith was the best housemate there apart from her (good opinion). She nominated Calum . And most importantly, she handled Hopkins better than all the other housemates; Perez was too repetitive, Nadia was too civil, Cheggers had this unfair "sitting on the fence" reputation, and Alicia was trying her best to fit in. Pricey completely evaded the sniping Katie H gave to her in the first few days with maturity that I respect.

I think Katie Price is one of the best winners because it ultimately fits for a season like this. She had the most sensibility, backbone, and natural likability out of everyone else; even housemates I enjoyed didn't have that e.g. Keith was too sensitive, Alicia too gullible, Patsy wanting to get the **** out of there . If she received criticism, she'd either completely ignore it, stand up to it in the way only a true adult would, or just say "Yeah I agree, I'm boring ". I loved her alliance with Keith too because that poor guy was really struggling in there. Finally, there's her last minute win against Hopkins which is just extraordinary. The other Katie was expected to win for the entire season and probably would've. But Pricey's last minute defeat of her really had a lot of us cheering ("Boring old slag! **** OFF!") It just felt like so much stress relief some of us got from this season that ultimately leads to a satisfying conclusion of the most naturally likable of the final.

That would be what I'd say is the reasons so many like her as a winner, if that helps.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote