View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM #15

I don't necessarily HATE BB16 like most here do but I do still think it's not a very good season. My main issue with it stems from it not really knowing what it's supposed to be. It's the only season that went through a bunch of phases in the framing and presentation of it. To me it went through 4 key eras that are marginally different from each other and have varying levels of quality.

Originals Era (Days 1-18) - The cast is normal and down to earth with a bunch of contrasting personalities. You have your normal people (Chloe, Kieran, Jack, Cristian), your colorful complex people (Nick, Joel, Jade,), your fiery and over the top people (Harriet, Twins, Aaron, Eileen, Adjoa) and your ro/showmance (Danny, Sarah). Jade, Nick, and Jack are arguably the main people of the season and you learn a lot about those 3 especially. This era ends with 4in4out.

Marq Era (Days 19-32) - By now, half of the original cast has already been evicted and 4 new people are on display (I'd count Simon as an intruder tbh). The main person is Marc here. Most highlights shows revolve around him or he's at least a very prominent personality. Marc, Simon, Chloe, Nick, and Harry are the more important characters of this. Ends with Marc's fake eviction.

Legends Era (Days 33-53) - Marc is fake evicted and is joined by Nikki, Brian, and Helen (she robbed Gina!!!!). Once they all re-enter the house, Marc is no longer thought of as a likable person by the rest of the cast and most of them are now distrustful and wary of him. Helen and Brian clash a lot until Brian eventually quits after being compared to a rapist/murderer. He's randomly replaced by Aisleyne 3 days before Helen and Nikki leave just so there can be a short lived Aisleyne/Helen conflict. After Helen and Nikki leave the series gets pumped with more random housemate cameos for an entire shopping task week for no reason that I can think of other than pulling in ratings. Main people in this era is Marc, Danny, Helen, Brian, Aisleyne, and Nikki (MESS). Apart from those 5 the rest of the cast are either prominent every now and again or barely come on display at all. <strike>IMPORTANT NOTE: Entire series turns to **** after Jade's eviction!!!</strike>

Final Era (Days 54-66) - Marc, Aisleyne, and all past housemates are gone so now we get this prize money dropping thing along with some ways to push housemates into the final, either by offering immunities during a nomination ceremony (what????) or by letting nominees save themselves and getting to the final by putting someone else up, even though the only person that can be up is Chloe, so this is clearly a blatant way to try and evict her (she wins two weeks later lol). Prominent people are Chloe, Jack, Joel, and Harry

See what the problem is here? BB16 is a poor season because it doesn't know what season it's supposed to identify as, though I think we can all just identify it as a completely manic season full of production rigging at the forefront of it all.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote