-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
this! how many times do we hear/say...'i could have died'

................not always true

still a good story for media 'feelgood'

Mark L
Well, they were practically reading my wife's grandmother her last rites 11 years ago and she's still alive today. And a co-worker of mine's husband has terminal cancer and has had "no more than 6 months to live" for nine years. At his last appointment they once again gave him "three to nine months". He's 76 now! He's going to end up dying of old age before his "terminal cancer" gets him...

The truth is, medical science isn't perfect and (little known) people can / do recover from minor cancers without any treatment at all. Young bodies especially can be remarkable and completely baffle doctors with sudden turnarounds with no identifiable cause.

Like I said though, I do still fully advocate the legalisation of cannabis for medical purposes. For many people at the very least, it can counteract a lot of the nausea caused by chemo. It's also a highly effective painkiller that has fewer side effects and is less addictive than opiates. Plus I've heard amazing things about it as a relaxant... I know an old chap who has some sort of issue with the muscles and tendons in his hand after a work injury and had suffered for years with the usual meds barely taking the edge off. He started smoking weed as a last resort and the pain relief was almost instant...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote