View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 PM #1

Default The reception Kim and Nicola got in CBB19 kind of confuses me in retrospect

Let me make it clear I really enjoyed watching both of these housemates and the way they tried asserting dominance over each other. Nicola by getting her Mean McLean Mafia on Kim's case, and Kim by antagonizing Nicola hugely and portraying herself as a victim due to being in the minority in the house. I think both have just as many good and bad points to them as people, but the reception they got was a little confusing.

Kim was seen as this helpless victim whom Nicola bullied mercilessly. Okay so there was this tirade against her and people got involved when they really didn't need to (J A M I E). But like, she's not a victim lol. She still insulted and antagonized Nicola on multiple occasions as much as she did.

Nicola was seen as a monster who bullied a poor defenseless woman with her gang. Okay so yeah, Nicola had an alliance with pretty much all of the bland housemates who were in this season not named Brandon Block. But most of what she did was just comical, like Kim.

Take some of these iconic Kim lines and try figuring out the reception they'd have gotten if Nicola said them.

Kim: Ooh they're bastards. Ooh they're bastards.
Fan: Lol that's our Kim.

Nicola: *about Kim and Jedward* Ooh they're bastards. Ooh they're bastards.
Fan: Oh piss off.

Kim: Oh motha' bunny. Mother bunny.
Fan: Haha she's wiping the floor with her.

Nicola: Oh mother bunny. Mother bunny.
Fan: How dare she mock Kim's AGE!!!!

And do I even need to go into detail about what the reception would be if Kim cheated on her husband and Nicola yelled at her that she's an adulterer?

Anyway if there's any of you who likes one of these but dislikes the other, please clear this up for me because it's a little confusing. I think at their core they're both nice people but just both have this really power hungry mindset which makes them clash with each other. Thanks for reading.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote