BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I completely agree. I think it pretty obvious, and downright telling, that of all the oppression in the world the largest proportion of victims are women - which athough occurs in varying degrees - amounts to the same and needs to be addressed on a worldwide basis.

Obviously the examples you give there should get priority but I think in attempting to address the mindset of such religions in the West such as banning face veils in public gives out the message to women, and hopefully men, that women have intelligence, free thought and rights. They are not cattle.

I feel that by allowing the wearing or any kind of female garment that can be used to oppress women in the West gives out the wrong message as well as allows men to continue to control and oppress women in the West. For those that are forced to wear them here they must be silently screaming for the West to do something.

Certainly a lot more should be done to address the issues in those articles but I guess it is difficult to address them in other parts of the world. Here we can, starting with such things as face veils in my opinion.
I kind of agree with your post but I think telling women what they can and can't wear (unless for security reasons) is the wrong way to go about it. It's pretty much doing what their religion/husbands etc etc is doing to them. I think just living in the West and having the law backing women and their rights should help them in making a decision themselves on whether they want to stay living this way or not, it may take a generation or more but atleast it will be a choice they came to themselves and that's the best way to do it I think.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote