BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It's attitudes like this from both sides of the divide that kept the Troubles going for so many years. I live here don't forget, and your vitriol is combative and unhelpful. Each side have their culture, their marches.
There has been contentious issues on both sides, but your unfortunate impressions are overblown. Most marches are perfectly peaceful, fun and festive occasions. Hordes of tourists wouldn't turn up to watch the marches if they were full of 'taunting and baiting'. You are referring to isolated incidents at particular sensitive times as if they happen frequently. They do not.
I agree with you about the Scottish bands that come over here to join the Orange parade - and there are many of them. I have never seen so many overweight, red faced men with massive beer - bellies in my life. Toby Jugs indeed.
You can twist things all you like jet.

I see these things as taunting and baiting exercises, which can only help re-ignite old divisions.
No matter your 'pretty' take on such events which may well be enjoyed in some places by both sides.

The fact remains,yes fact, that these marches have had to be banned down certain roads for good reasons.
If all went as you claim they do,there would be no need whatsoever for any bans to be put in place or stay in place.
They don't get banned for no reason and certainly not because they are enjoyable/peaceful as you try to make out.
However there are banned on some roads/areas,fact.

Now as to Mrs May and this thread, the DUP securing any govt of the UK with organised voting is abhorrent to me.
The DUP are a party at odds with their own Nation on many issues.
The mystery is for me why they get strong support there.

They are an extreme source and they are backed heavily by the sectarian orange order too.
There should be no place for them at all as to securing via deal any UK govt.

Last edited by joeysteele; 13-06-2017 at 11:06 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote