View Single Post
Old 31-08-2007, 04:29 PM #37
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Z

Princess Diana's death was a car crash. I agree, it's a shame that she died in that way, but nowhere near as tragic as the death of 3000 innocent people.
She was murdered by papparazi. She was also innocent.

Difference between her and 9/11 victims is that she saved thousands of lives whereas the majority of 9/11 victims didn't.

It's unfair comparing how deserving a life is of celebration?!
How can you possibly say that 9/11 victims should be celebrated whereas Diana's death shouldn't be?

No, I believe she was murdered by crashing at a high speed .

Oh and that's not disrespectful, before somebody jumps me.

She didn't save thousands of lives, she provided the tools to save thousands of lives, but that's not an official figure, just an optimistic estimate, and that can't be denied. I'm not trying to make out that she didn't do great things, because she did, and I don't think I said she wasn't worthy of having her life celebrated? I said that I don't think her life is that worthy that she should be on the front page of the news. Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, these are the types of people I'd expect to have their lives celebrated in such a manner.

And it wasn't me who brought up the 9/11 victims, originally, I was making the point that there was a huge difference in the circumstances.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote