View Single Post
Old 24-06-2017, 01:39 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
If a girl thinks she's a boy or vice versa, they can shout all day to their hearts content what gender they think they are. That doesn't bother me. In my mind I have my own idea what gender they are and that opinion is derived from cold hard facts about the state of their body (not the state of their mind). In the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter a whole lot but it's a part of a trend that I think hurts society as a whole.

Transgender people have struggles but so does everyone. And, to be frank, they are really not that oppressed at all compared to the slaves of Africa, the women of Saudi Arabia, or the factory workers of China. Don't you think these people would wish they could trade problems with the transgender people of the west?
It doesn't 'hurt society' at all. It only hurts people who are fearful of progressive attitudes.

Your second argument is a textbook argument of someone who is scared of equal rights and wishes to oppose it by minimising it as much as possible by making out that it isn't a problem in comparison to other things in the world. What do the conditions of the people in those countries have to do with the civil rights of people in the west? Nothing, it's just an excuse to stop the conversation in it's tracks by people who find it uncomfortable.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote