View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:29 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
You do get carried away with that over-active imagination of yours and making lots of assumptions about what you think I really believe based on your interpretation of what I say.

I certainly do not dislike higher education - where the hell did you get that stupid idea from? I value higher education and have been there myself. That is one of the maddest things you have said and proves to me that you are no-where near having the measure of me.

Yes I do feel that they have become a breeding ground for liberal views (describing them as progressive is purely opinion) due to peer pressure which has always been very powerful and liberal views are just very 'in' with certain groups at the moment, but I also know many are more independently minded and less susceptible to it - it's about self-confidence. I also value that level of education for anyone and everyone who has the the grades and wants it. The current system provides that.

The article I posted demonstrates what a load of ballony all the drama about uni fees is. Those that will benefit the most from Corbyn's proposals will the highest earners who should pay. But all the scare-tactics also provided him with a lot of young votes. All is fair in love, war and elections hey!
You regularly attacked students during the election and you've often been seen to take a negative view on Unis using the excuse of PC. It's fairly obvious what your views on higher education are. A history of similar posts tell a more convincing story than one denial.

As for the bolded point, I literally laughed out loud. The current system doesn't provide for everyone that wants it, even if you do have the grades you might not be able to go due to the ridiculous amount of debt that the average student has to put themself in to merely learn. The delusion is real if you believe the current system to be accessible for everyone. Also don't try to paint regressive conservative views as being progressive, At their core a liberal view point is about looking to the future and becoming more progressive, a conservative view point is all about looking to the past and going backwards.

Oh hello second mention of Corbyn by Brillopad in an unrelated thread today. Somebody might think you have a crush.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote