View Single Post
Old 17-07-2017, 12:04 PM #22

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBCanada 5: Ika

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBCanada 5: Ika

but picking apart every single action somebody makes to call them out as a gameplayer is just kinda weird.

Isn't that the name of the game, and why we all watch though. At the end of the day, BB is a social experiment and why would it be aired if it wasn't so that we'd discuss why the HGs do what they do?

As someone that has posted elsewhere about Raph's actions, I'll say that it's more interesting to try to make sense of his actions over the Kaylieghs, Toms and Sams of BB, so that's why you don't see game playing posts about them. Theirs is a standard c5 game we've seen the past few seasons i.e. get ****faced, 'be pretty', say you represent so and so area of the UK, all in hopes of landing a paid story or reality gig for yourself after. *cough*Lotan*cough*. And tbf half the BOTs panel would be calling themselves out if they were to critique it, looking at the likes of Steph and Lateysha for this one.

I'm not from the UK so this is an outside observation - but it seems viewers are fed up with watching showmances and z-listers on the civilian series because the spirit of the show is diminished. It's killing the BBUS format too.

Then there's Raph, a self declared superfan who's likely more plugged into what viewers want simply by watching. This kind of knowledge coupled with inherent self awareness help your game and if you're smart you'll use it to navigate the house. Yet people call out game player, both inside & outside, as if it's an insult and are most weary when it comes from so called intelligent housemates like BB17 Andy.

I'm new to the forum so still not used to keeping my long-winded posts short. My point is Raph≠bad housemate for being a game player, they all are. He can and shld be the biggest game player to get to the prize money, fine by me. I think him picking Sue was to show he backed an underdog outcast from the house. In the past viewers like when you stand behind such HMs, but it was a misread in that he did it at the expense of his friend, and a well liked one like Issy at that. BUT it's all good since at the end of the day I also believe he's a genuine nice person (or human bean for the BB19 watchers out there).

Last edited by Mazziestarred; 17-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Mazziestarred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote