Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You can tell by the tactics and points that campaigns use and focus on which are most effective. The leave campaign didn't really pick up pace until Immigration and the NHS lie became the cornerstones of the Leave argument. It had the most traction with the public as a whole, if they didn't they wouldn't have become the focal points of the vote.

Same with the latest elections, May was dependant on slogans ('Strong and Stable', 'No deal is better than a bad deal') and if they weren't effective in generating a positive response from voters then they wouldn't have relied on them so heavily.

You accuse me of arrogance (hypocritical considering how offended you act later on in the paragraph) yet my statements are based on looking at the tactics used by campaigns and simple knowledge of the public as a whole. You can pretend that everyone is informed and know exactly what they are voting for all you like but it won't reflect the reality that most voters won't ever research what they are voting on and don't really understand WHAT they are voting for which is why shallow tactics like slogans and headlines are so effective because people don't care enough to look into it any deeper than that.

The rest is just you looking for reasons to be offended to discount what I said instead of forming an actual argument against it so I shan't bother responding to it.
You just did respond. It's kind of amusing how you accuse others of having no argument and then base your post on what you know about how the nation thinks.

You are assuming, once again, that people voted based solely on the campaign. The reality is that not everyone votes based on campaigns. For instance there are people who will vote Labour or Tory every time regardless so the campaign at each election means very little to them.

Your simple knowledge of the public as a whole is some sort of telepathy skills?

Hypocrasy accusations? Pot, kettle.

Don't keep replying Dezzy, I have better things to do with my time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote