Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Trouble is when you can't convert someone to your way of thinking you get very defensive and go on the attack. There is a lot wrong with the Muslim religion and people are entitled to point that out. If the only way some can deal with that is by resorting to abuse that is their problem, no-one else's. Having said that I believe you to be well intentioned in your views but sometimes, like many of us, emotions can get in the way. I don't believe you set out to ridicule unlike some.

It isn't hateful to criticise a religion that preaches so much hate towards others. I don't preach or support any kind of violence, I just object to a religion being allowed to showcase its vile hateful views of women on our streets, especially as such views are in direct violation of our equality laws. And like you I will continue to fight for what I percieve as an injustice.
I think there is a lot of truth in these two paragraphs and it is encouraging that more people are starting to see the attacking and insulting that goes on here. There are some elements who seem to categorise people and then target everything they say.

I don't always agree with you Brillo but I can see that almost everything you say is jumped on and often ridiculed and you have as much right to your views as anyone else.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 22-08-2017 at 11:37 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote