View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 11:43 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
Tell me something 'PC brigade' member, should we jail people who don't believe Native Americans or Australian aboriginals at times suffered genocide? What if there was someone so brazen to claim that these people were not even the first to arrive on their respective continents? Should they go to jail? To make it illegal to question the Holocaust is so arbitrary in light of all of the other events of history that might be insensitive to question yet are legal to question. The question is not whether or not it happened, the question is should she be in jail for using the mouth god gave her and the air god put in her lungs in a way that certain people (you) don't like?
It's all very well for people to debate the validity of certain historical accounts and sources, but the Holocaust is treated as established fact due to the overwhelming evidence that these events took place. I'm no expert on either of the specific examples you named- I'm sure historians will come to their own conclusion. However, as a principal, if a person chooses to deny established facts as a way to minimise genocide or defend the actions of a murderous dictator, I see this as being no different to, for example, supporting a terrorist organisation.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote