Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Last two horror films I've seen:

The Houses October Built (2014) - 7/10 I liked it but still not the most action packed horror film, not that scary either

The Shining (1980) - 6/10 just not a big fan, very bored throughout most of it, not even close to being scary but I saw a few good things and that's why I even give it a 6

Older films in general are soooo overrated to me especially when it comes to horrors. I rarely like these movies from the 1980's & 90's that constantly get tons of praise. The ones that I do like, the older Friday the 13th's for example, are probably because I watched them as a kid lol and if I do watch it again now it feels nostalgic (I'm guessing this is typically why people like these older films). I understand liking them at the time but now they're outdated and outdone on so many levels with today's technology, newer ideas (or revamping the same ideas in a better way - maybe not always better tbf), improved acting/angles/visualization usually, etc.

But The Shining has always been praised as an all-time classic so finally deciding to watch it with some friends a few days ago, I was really disappointed with it.