View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 07:14 AM #45
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
It is a freedom of speech issue. But you are wrong about Holocaust Deniers being exclusively from the "extreme right". David Cole, an atheistic Jew, made a famous documentary in the early 90s questioning certain aspects of the Holocaust. He disappeared from the public and changed his name in 1997 when the JDL put a 25 thousand dollar bounty on his head. The documentary can still be seen on youtube but don't waste your time. If you'll forgive me, I seriously doubt you have the capability for independent thought on this issue.
Your issue seems to be that you aren't capable of making a rational distinction, though. I'm sure there are historians who have tried to investigate the history of it, and I'm sure there are precise details that aren't 100%, that's only logical and applies throughout history. It is completely different to outright holocaust denial. For example even that video of the Bishop that you linked to; he isn't denying the holocaust, he isn't denying genocide, or the number of Jews incarcerated or killed, he's only saying that there's some evidence that other methods may have been more widely used in the killings than gas. Which is, let's face it, a largely irrelevant detail.

His motives leave a question mark to be honest; the interviewer makes reference to "something he said a long time ago" and I suspect a bit of back pedaling is going on.

You seem to not understand that there's a difference between this, and the "sweet old soul" in your OP, who quite openly expressed Nazi sympathies, admiration of Hitler, and outright denial that the holocaust even happened to any great extent.

She is not questioning historical details, she is trying to deny and change history to fit a quite obviously sinister agenda.

Learn to read between the lines.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 05-09-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote