CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Your issue seems to be that you aren't capable of making a rational distinction, though. I'm sure there are historians who have tried to investigate the history of it, and I'm sure there are precise details that aren't 100%, that's only logical and applies throughout history. It is completely different to outright holocaust denial. For example even that video of the Bishop that you linked to; he isn't denying the holocaust, he isn't denying genocide, or the number of Jews incarcerated or killed, he's only saying that there's some evidence that other methods may have been more widely used in the killings than gas. Which is, let's face it, a largely irrelevant detail.

His motives leave a question mark to be honest; the interviewer makes reference to "something he said a long time ago" and I suspect a bit of back pedaling is going on.

You seem to not understand that there's a difference between this, and the "sweet old soul" in your OP, who quite openly expressed Nazi sympathies, admiration of Hitler, and outright denial that the holocaust even happened to any great extent.

She is not questioning historical details, she is trying to deny and change history to fit a quite obviously sinister agenda.

Learn to read between the lines.
I don't assume to be able to read her mind but I can say that if I was a German and my people were shamed the world over for an event that was exaggerated I would be wanting to make the history books accurate.

The environment is so toxic towards anyone who questions the Holocaust that no historian (unless they have a backbone made of steel) is going to question any aspect of it because their careers will be damaged (often fatally) and they will have to spend time explaining how they are not a Nazi-sympathizer (as many on here claim I am). Nobody wants to put their careers and their families through that so no rational thinking person will ever question the Holocaust (at least publicly). Thus, without freedom of speech and an environment conducive towards finding the truth (whatever it is), we can never know for sure if the Holocaust happened.

I'm offended by the "Denier" label. Would any atheist here like to be called a Resurrection Denier? Labels are a tactic by the establishment because anyone who questions the authoritative version of things needs a label (for 9/11 it was "Truthers"). A more accurate word for Holocaust questioning is "revisionist".

People here are saying the reason why I posted this thread was to evoke nazi-sympathy. Far from it. But I am getting tired of defending that charge. If you are pro-Choice, does that make you pro-abortion? If the answer is no, then why can't you see that believing in freedom of speech for everyone (Nazi's included), does not make you a Nazi-sympathizer?

I do post stuff on Nazism because it stirs the pot and gets people thinking. But I am always careful to say that I don't have Nazi sympathies. I'm against all atrocities committed in WW2 by the Nazis and the Allies.
Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote