View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 07:07 AM #49
-

-

Yes but you have to realise that you can be against the actual actions of the Nazis and still be a sympathiser. In fact, that would be the line between a Nazi sympathiser and an actual Nazi?

As Chris Rock says in a stand up comedy routine about OJ Simpson;

"Now I ain't saying he should have done it...... .... .... ... But, I understand!"

Anyway. I personally have no problem with history being examined, and I full understand that official accounts of history - by nature - are rarely 100% accurate or the full story. The difference is when it's an attempt to lessen those crimes or make it seem like it "wasn't that bad really" or where there's a clear agenda to do so. This woman quite blatantly had that agenda; she doesn't just play down the scale of the atrocities, she asks people to overlook them and focus on the "good things" about Hitler. She was also alive during the war, if pretty young. But it only takes common bloody sense to realise that she - or her family - are very likely to have been full blood Hitler supporting Nazis, and she has spent her entire life trying to justify that.

There is a huge gulf between refining the facts, and making excuses. If you really do consider yourself a revisionist who is simply after the truth, then you need to learn where to dig with precision, instead of steaming in with a bulldozer.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 06-09-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote