Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
Save Ziggy(?) cut Sam
I saved Ziggy because from what i've seen he was quite a good housemate.

Sam Evans

Sam bloody Evans.

Despite being the stuff of Jack_'s nightmares, he's not a bad guy at all. His jokes were pathetic and he was by far one of, if not the most boring housemate of his series. However, he was also very nice, kind and his friendship with Gina was quite pleasant to watch. Being groomed by Jemima, his winky expanding and his random out of nowhere with Sophie (Yeah, me neither) aside, there wasn't much else to him. He was partially deaf and relied on lip reading and was mainly seen attempting to counsel a deranged Calum on his non-existent problems regarding Charlie Travers (soar) and Dexter Koh. Wow, a winner (according to the C5 audience who voted in summer 2013).

I could ramble on about this all day but straight to the point: Sam didn't deserve his win in the slightest. He basically won because Dexter and Gina were more popular than him as a duo and therefore had their votes split between them with fans being unable to decide which one they wanted to win (at least, that's what I can gather - I didn't watch the series live and didn't view it until late 2015) allowing Sam to sneak through because somebody, somewhere (or a lot of somebodies, somewhere) decided that he should be crowned the winner. Deaf king I guess.

I kind of feel guilty that Sam ended up finishing slightly higher than Gina and maybe my nominations weren't the best of ideas but what's done is done and we all know Gina was a better housemate than Sam. Tra!

Last edited by Cal.; 14-09-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote