View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 06:09 PM #484

Ok enough with the Hughie shade now. I get it.

267: Jackson Blython (BB17)

BB17 is a pretty great series I had rewatched recently. And under regular circumstances, I probably wouldn't be eliminating Jackson this soon. There's much more hateable scums of the earth still in this rank (not just from BB17, in general), but given my options I had no choice but to oust this audience-manipulating, backwards chicken-dancing monster.

Jackson was an annoying camera-seeking, attention-seeking showmance-crazed irritant. It was kind of a gradual thing but it also gradually was irritating the **** out of me. Most of what I'm describing him as can all kind of be exemplified in his showmance with Georgina "Nicky91" Cantwell. From his Aladdin and Princess Jasmine analogies, to his insistence on him being the "Street Kid Done Good With Rich Girl", his blatant storylining with her was so audience pandering and him getting away with it all bugged the **** out of me. I know we all like to point out how much of an obvious painfully passive-aggressive nutcase Georgina was, but she was so played by him and his plotlines with her and it aggravated me. ("When I could be having FUN WITH EVELYN!!!" is one of the most douchey lines ever.) While it had it's moments (evelyn: jackson do you wanna play a game? georgina: don't. you. dare..(!!!!)) the whole showmance he was known for for the first half of the series just felt so dragged on and pointless and I didn't give a ****. This was mostly in part to Jackson in particular (side note: remember that time georgina told jackson she owned a horse and he stared RIGHT at the camera saying "Ohhhh man she's got a horse! She's got a HORSE.").

Everything else Jackson was known for? Well... he was even worse with Jackson CONSTANTLY had to parade himself on his JUSTICE and his PRINCIPLES. He freaked out and provoked poor Emma Jensen into trying to leave the house just because she spent another night with her boyfriend when he could be talking to his son ("It's peopull's LIVES!!!" ****). He had to constantly have this weird goofy moral highground and it got so grating at times. And sure I had people there to call him out on his petty **** like laura<3 evelyn<3 and hughie<3, but it just couldn't make up enough for how annoying the Jackson Bly(ight)on experience was.

Other bad moments include: making a big song and dance about not turning around for his son because he's soooo selfless only to predictably turn around to see him ofc, challenging Zoltare in front of the cameras on his own in finale week (so ****ing pandering), CONSTANTLY complaining about how selfish it would be to take money only to THEN STEAL money and uglycri about it when called out on it by, well, every single housemate etc. And while I appreciated his various interactions and the contribution he made to BB17 and its cast's contrast, he was still just so aggravating of a presence. You always get that one housemate every series who's just so fake and audience attention-seeking and who ALWAYS somehow gets away with despite it being so obvious. BB16 had their Danny, BB18 had their Ellie, and I guess BB17's was Jackson.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote