View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 10:00 AM #39
-

-

Again DR I'm afraid I just don't think that's true... That women are necessarily more attuned to danger or more likely to feel afraid. Males are socially conditioned to believe that being afraid "isn't masculine", that anxiety is "feminine", that the correct thing to do is to "man up" and never SHOW fear, and certainly never admit it after the fact, because if you're a man fear is weakness.

I get that in some situations women are perhaps more likely to feel intimidated than some men, but again, that's only in general. A skinny 5'5 guy is no more able to take on an attacker than most women. Are they less likely to be attacked? Sexually, yes. In general? No. There are a lot of muggers out there who fully believe that you "don't hit women" but will happily knock the **** out of a guy half their size.

Even from my own perspective. I'm 6'2 and well built. I honestly do get that I probably feel a lot safer, say, sitting waiting for the bus home at 11pm on a Friday (LOT of weird people about) than a lot of people but even then. One dodgy guy going past and I don't bat an eyelid. Two, I'm relatively comfortable. Three or more? Let's face it, if they decide to go for me I'm just as ****ed as a small woman.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote