BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
American Made - 7/10 - So good to see Tom Cruise back in a proper dramatic role and he kills it here. The film itself was enjoyable and interesting but Cruise really sells who could have been a dislikable character and brings him to life. I'm a fan of his action films but I hope he will begin to do more roles like this as well as them.

The Dark Tower - 5.5/10 - Well.... This has to go down as one of the most disappointing films of all time really, doesn't it? Incredible cast, fantastic source material, plenty of quality directors interesting in taking the role...... How does it end up with a horrific script, unproven director, condensed into a less than 90 minute runtime, with pretty much 0 character development for either of its stars? It was enjoyable enough as a time killer and there were a few good scenes but this should have been a quality film that spawned a franchise. Some unforgivable mistakes behind the scenes.

Blade Runner 2014 - 9/10 - Delivers on all fronts. The storyline is interesting and has multiple twists and turns, the visuals are amazing and it is by far the most aesthetic film I have ever watched, all of the characters are strongly written and acted, and the final scene is beautiful in various ways. I'd seen the critical acclaim and strong IMDb audience score before going into this, but as someone who only enjoyed the original and didn't think it was a classic like most people, I wasn't overly excited - so I'm quite surprised at how much I loved it. One of the best cinema experiences I've had tbh, and I think it is a film that should be watched on the big screen, as the visuals I mentioned previously demand it.
Totally agree with this review. I hadn't watched the original until the night before I went to see the sequel and tbh I wasn't overly impressed with it, I wonder does it make a difference if you'd watched when it actually first came out or closer to that time?

Anyway i really loved it, I'll echo your 9/10 and I would give the first one a 6.5/10

Spoiler:

I thought the twist was going to be that Deckerd was K's dad rather than Sapper and I spent alot of the movie wondering how it could even be possible for K to be that child (no matter who his dad was) when he grew up in an orphanage as a human, how could he possibly end up as a replicate Blade Runner.........but obviously he wasn't the child and he was never in that orphanage. I felt so bad for him at the end.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote