BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Totally agree with this review. I hadn't watched the original until the night before I went to see the sequel and tbh I wasn't overly impressed with it, I wonder does it make a difference if you'd watched when it actually first came out or closer to that time?

Anyway i really loved it, I'll echo your 9/10 and I would give the first one a 6.5/10

Spoiler:

I thought the twist was going to be that Deckerd was K's dad rather than Sapper and I spent alot of the movie wondering how it could even be possible for K to be that child (no matter who his dad was) when he grew up in an orphanage as a human, how could he possibly end up as a replicate Blade Runner.........but obviously he wasn't the child and he was never in that orphanage. I felt so bad for him at the end.
Spoiler:

Yeah I'd picked up on a couple of little things throughout that kept the possibility open for him not to be the child ("someone had that memory" + Luv leaving him behind when she took Deckard captive) but I thought the film had been leading us in the direction of K being the child for too long for them to switch to somebody else so late on, glad I was wrong though!

There are a few different versions of the first film which supposedly vary in quality, I watched the directors cut and would have put it in the 6-6.5 range. I might watch one of the other versions at some point though just to see if my opinion differs much.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote