BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I saw Blade Runner 2049 last, and I liked it but not as much as the original. The main problem I had with it ultimately, I think, is I couldn't feel much emotion, or care that much, for the main character K, what with...

Spoiler:

...it being revealed early on, that he is a replicant. The idea that Deckard is a replicant in the original makes for a good final twist, but I think spoils the character a little.

I thought Harrison Ford was very good, but Jared Leto's Wallace was a rather cliched mad-genius megalomaniac and not as interesting a character as Tyrell in the original. I'd give the film a 7 or 8. I'd give the first one at least a 9/10. The first version of the original I saw was the Director's Cut. The 2007 Final Cut is mainly just fixing things. I don't actually mind the Theatrical Cut at all with the narration, but there is one line at the end that spoils it a bit I think.

Spoiler:

One thing that confused me about the end was did Officer K die? I thought he just liked lying back in the snow, but some people have said he died.

I watched some of Terminator: Genisys last night - I've got about 40 mins left to watch. It's not that great so far, with a convoluted story tiring out the concept.
Spoiler:

I assumed he'd died or atleast was almost dead?

Oh also a question for you

Spoiler:

Did they imply Deckard was a replicant? I missed that

I agree about Jared leto, I find his acting of bad guys to be way over done and silly though, same as him as the Joker.

I must say though I thought the complete opposite to you about the characters in general.

Spoiler:

I though K, eventhough we knew he was a replicant early on was more sympathetic a character than Deckard was in the original

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote