I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You mean in the original film?

Spoiler:

In the 1992 Director's Cut, and 2007 Final Cut Ridley Scott added back the scene where Deckard dreams of a unicorn. So when Gaff leaves him an origami unicorn at the end it implies that Gaff knows about Deckard's dreams, so they must artificial like Rachael's childhood memories, and Deckard is a replicant.

I think it can be interpreted in different ways, and when I first saw I didn't come to that conclusion - I think I thought, at first, it meant Gaff was a replicant, lol. It was only reading stuff on the Internet later about the film that made me understand the Deckard is a replicant theory.

I don't like the idea of Deckard being a replicant. I like the character better as a human who falls for, and empathises with Rachael. Harrison Ford said the same in interviews when asked about the film - he never spoke highly of Blade Runner. Ridley Scott though says he definitely wants people to believe that Deckard is non-human.

I thought initially in BR 2049 they were proving that Deckard wasn't a replicant because wouldn't he be dead by now, with the replicants short lifespan? But now I've read theories that he can only have survived the high radiation of Las Vegas because he is one? No idea.

(I didn't actually pick up while watching the film that the desert where they meet Deckard again was Las Vegas, by the way).
I totally missed that lol, I was after a couple of glasses of wine when I watched the original though

Spoiler:

Doesn't K ask deckard if the dog was a replicant in the new movie and Deckard says he doesn't know? maybe that was a bit of a tease about himself too then? That he's unsure whether he's human or not himself? Very interesting

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote