¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

saved Jemima (I think for the second time?) because she is BB14's legend that wasn't a member of the Travers family.

I have axed...

157th: Sophie Reade (BB10, Winner)

Big Brother 10 was the beginning of the end for me - I'd joined just in the build-up to BB8 and had been quietly enjoying the show without any sort of forum-use prior, and both BB8 and BB9 - whilst both with their faults - went by in an eventful and entertaining breeze. Both shows still felt like "an event" and Big Brother 10... even before the announcement it would be cancelled (which I think came around Week 5 of BB10?) it just drained the life out of the series for me.

When I look back on it, it's hard to pinpoint why. The ridiculous number of housemates? The injection of housemates' (ex)boyfriends for drama? The inevitable alienation of everyone that wasn't chavvy and boring?

What I would argue must be a - however marginal - factor is its winner. Who among us can honestly recall a Sophie Reade moment? Yes, Macie probably has several, but who among us normal folk? HMM?

Sophie is the definition of coasting winner and whilst some this year compared Isabelle to her, Isabelle had the added bonuses of:

a) fighting a good fight and tearing down Lotan, King of the Cunts
b) having the best striptease of all time (against said 'King')
and c) being a benevolent, selfless goddess that never truly appreciated herself.

Now whilst C may indeed apply to Sophie (I can't remember her sacrificing herself for evictions/rewards but she certainly had the underdog arc), nothing else would possibly argue "deserving winner" other than the fact she stood against 4 debatable men. My personal winner of that final was Siavash, but I know that's a dirty word on here so I won't pursue that line of reasoning.

But for me Sophie is defined by drifting through with the popular crowd in the house, who were for the most part a rag-tag bunch of gobshites that were perhaps the most predictable clique of BBUK history, shacking up with Kris for all of 19 minutes, and...I don't know? Nuts magazine wanks?

She just bored the ****ing hell out of me and will never, ever, be a deserving winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 29-10-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote