View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:51 PM #5
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Is there a reasonable solution? Or are we just supposed to watch on for a few generations of mass murders?
There's no quick solution IMO, you'd probably need to start with education at an early age (and people probably wouldn't even be happy about that) and then I would say, first and foremost, a ban on guns in cities, followed by 'burbs, and finally extending it to a smaller rural towns and areas after several decades where you'd probably have to make it still legal to own smaller calibre rifles etc. (but with stricter regulations)

Another big problem would be that the US is so heavily consumerist, so the population would find it very hard to swallow if they had to give up an expensive assault rifle, for example, without being reimbursed for the cost.

And you would need both of the political parties to be on board, as one isn't going to do it if the other can campaign on it.

Honestly I think a full ban at this point, at any time in out lifetimes, would be impossible. I think the best that could be hoped for is much stricter regulations on purchase (an online, active licensing system that updates immediately if the license is revoked and is checked EVERY time a gun is sold... None of this being able to lie on a form crap) and eventually maybe restrictions on the types of guns that can be sold. I.e. No high powered semi-automatic assault weaponry... It's insane that it was ever allowed.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote