Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Wow. Thats shocking, and surely, extremely flawed anyway as one can have gay sex and not actually be gay anyway. How on earth can you 'prove' your sexuality. Didn't realise things were quite so draconian. Though I can kind of understand where they are coming from when people are wanting asylum based on fear of prosecution/death for being gay in their own countries that some 'proof' is needed, but proof doesn't tend to exist of homosexuality anyway. They way the articles throw together LGB and T though, when most Middle Eastern countries tend to be perfectly happy with T (anywhere/one homophobic is perfect fine with T broadly speaking ) is pretty odd. Being gay is definitely more of a 'crime, and 'changing sex' is seen as 'curing the gay'. But yeah..this is a lot to take in actually. I didn't realise any of this was going on at all. Thanks. The thought of this has depressed me for the night now I think
While I was searching for those links, I stumbled across the article below. Fantastic piece of scholarship:

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gat...75.pdf&site=58

Unfortunately, not many people know a lot about the stuff that goes on in detention centres...it just doesn't get reported that much. I have to refrain from reading some of it because it just makes me too me angry, but I have a general understanding of the kind of abuses that go on. http://www.righttoremain.org.uk are good source to utilise

This government is beyond the pale in so many respects. But apparently 'disgusting' is too strong a term, poor Theresa is so gutted about losing her parliamentary majority, we must cut her some slack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
A typical distortion of the facts again. The asylum seekers have taken it upon themselves to make videos, they were not asked to produce them fgs. Also, its being made out that its persecution of the LGBT community, when its not. People using relationships as a means of entering the country have to satisfy the authorities that they are genuine because so many fake it to gain entry. Falsifying documents etc. Its not specifically targeting any particular group. If one cites a reason for seeking asylum, one needs to back it up, and that applies all over the world
There was no distortion of the facts, if you'd bothered to read my post properly you'd have noticed my actual wording was 'or asylum seekers having to film themselves having sex to prove that they're homosexual to the UK Border Agency'. Nowhere do I imply they were forced to, the word 'having' is appropriate in this context because they were/are left with very little options.

This is now the third passive aggressive post you've made in this thread, addressing comments I've made with snide digs but not to me. I am not scary bitontheslide, you can engage in a discussion with me directly.

On a separate note...since you had such an issue with my use of the word 'disgusting', I'm curious as to why if such an adjective should only be reserved for the most abhorrent of people, you used it to describe two Big Brother housemates just a few months ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
her or Chanelle, all still perfectly possible. What people seem to forget is that Chanelle and Isabelle are both vile, disgusting tramps, and are equally likely to go come the final vote count.
Now what's worse...two contestants on a reality show (who you've derided in a rather misogynistic manner)...or a Prime Minister and former Home Secretary who has been part of a government who has overseen the things I noted in my last post?

Time to practice what you preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
It was obviously not the true facts BOTs, I cant believe people get sucked into these things,if it had been the truth there would have been an outcry about it,Thanks for the facts.
There was no outcry about it because a) it doesn't get reported enough and b) people ~generally~ care very little about anyone but themselves, this thread is proving as much. Now are you going to engage in a debate, read some articles and learn some things Kazanne, or are you - like BOTS - just going to continue to make passive aggressive snide digs at me? I get you don't like me, I don't expect you to, but if you want to participate in the discussion then do so. Considering the discussion everyone had the other day I find this incredibly petty and disappointing from the pair of you.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote