View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 08:31 PM #1246

Save Becki Cut Richard

125. Richard Newman

It's pretty funny I've decided to cut Richard considering the fact I've saved him when he was up earlier about 2-3 times. And he does have some great qualities to him. But we're reaching near the Top 100 and the shitty qualities of him go without saying.

BB7 may be a series full of very unhinged and all over the place people, but I'd argue Richard is up there as one of the more self-aware and cleverly acute housemates of that series, which was the greatest strength and weakness of him. It was a strength because I found his sense of humor and mannerisms to be pretty witty and endearing, and he had fun interactions with the likes of Pete, Lea, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki, etc. He also used his smartness to shut down the ever so filthy Sezer Salad and cause his eviction by proclaiming him as a bully for all to know. I believe Richard fully knew how to not only get the audience on the side, but how to singlehandedly entertain them through his sharp and strong personality. But this was also a huge weakness I had with Richard. He used his sharp tongue for bad too, denouncing Shahbaz and announcing he'll always act like he doesn't exist and never speak to him again whilst raving a rug or towel at Shahbaz in a patronizing manner, which looked ugly on his part.

But the worst part was his unbelievably transparent and disingenious sucking up to many housemates. After calling the Sezer/Grace/Imogen/etc. gang "The Plastics" and firmly placing himself as a dissenter of them, he becomes a really close friend of Aisleyne's as a result. But then in the return voting twist, when it transpires that Grace and Mikey were the next highest voted in besides Nikki, Richard concluded in his head that it must mean popularity of some sort, trying to impress Grace while insulting Aisleyne behind her back. This complete lack of loyalty to people he acted as though he cared about resulted in him finishing in fourth aka the middle portion of the final usually populated by supporting characters who tended to be polarizing but still easily forgotten compared to the 3 outlasting them, redeemed by his infamous reaction going up the stairs; "Don't be sorry Ais! You got third place. Or maybe second. Or maybe even won ^_^

He was also terrible to Michael. I know lots here really don't like him, but no matter how much he annoys you you don't just call a guy who just came out as gay a "she" and other derogatory terms, especially when you're a gay man and fully aware of how hurtful it would be if someone attacked your masulinity just because you're a homosexual.

But yeah anyway lots of really entertaining moments I had with Richard but lots of ones that very much irritated me too.

Last edited by Epic.; 26-02-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote