Thread: Airbus A380
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 11:22 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah, definitely. It's good girls aren't bound by what's a girl job/boys job anymore, and the same for guys really. I was listening to my son(he's 13) talk to his friend the other day when I was driving them to Karate, they've both just started secondary school this year so for the first year they do all the subjects and then next year they have to pick the ones they want to continue with for Juniour cert (which is like your GCSEs) So my son asked his friend which he which ones he was keeping on and the friend said Home Ec and my son said yeah me too and i was thinking how much we've come since I was in school, i think about 3 boys in my whole year did Home Ec because it was a "girls subject" they don't even think like that now, it's great to see
I hated Home economics - would have preferred something more DIY orientated - might be better at it now! I think it’s a fallacy how many men try to suggest women love doing it. - I don’t.

I like good meals and a clean house but hate actually doing the donkey work. I usually just find these things a chore. Usually OK once I get started but hate the thought of it. It’s good how it’s not considered a female thing the way it used to be.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote