View Single Post
Old 17-11-2017, 04:38 PM #1
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Default Debbie McGee Rises above "fued" rumours and becomes the bigger man

What a gal. Taking the high ground and leaving the press to fester in the pit along with scheming Burke and her shifty partner

Debbie McGee hits back at feud rumours with Alexandra Burke

Debbie McGee has rubbished rumours of a bitter feud between her and fellow Strictly contestant Alexandra Burke, saying the pair are "the closest of friends". (keeps your enemies close)

She spoke as she prepared to sparkle like a diamond in the show's Blackpool week, live from the Tower Ballroom.

McGee, whose late husband Paul Daniels danced on the BBC One show but recently died and she is a Widow, said competing in the ballroom was going to be "the most amazing experience".

The only negative side of Strictly was dealing with tabloid stories and snipes from fellow contestants, she said.

Speaking about the supposed row with singer and actress Burke, which has appeared in various reliable newspapers, she added: "All I would say is you can't believe anything you're reading in the paparazzi press unless its say the daily Mail.

"We have a really special friendship," she said, adding of the reports: "It's absolute rubbish and even if it may be true I am rising above it, i wont be bullied."

McGee, who's the judges and nations favourite to win the dancing show, added: "This year the producers have said they've never had a unit that all got on so well, apart from the previous years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42027939
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote