View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 12:11 PM #11
0_o

0_o

Quote:
In January, the British Medical Association advised members that mothers-to-be should be referred to as ‘pregnant people’ to avoid offence and ‘celebrate diversity’.
Also, breastfeeding should be called chestfeeding. This really is ridiculous and pathetic and the people demanding it are entitled narcissists.

Quote:
Sussex University Students’ Union warned members against using the pronouns ‘he’ and ‘she’ to avoid assumptions about identity. ‘They’ and ‘Them’ are said to be the correct, gender-neutral terms.
Pronoun **** is stupid. You are a she if you are female, and a he is you are male. Zir Ze and such aren't even ****ing words so **** off with that too

I use peoples preferred pronouns if they are actually transsexual. I will not call an obvious man she no matter how much he cries and shrieks about it. Nor will I ever refer to another human as 'it' which is demanded by a few of them

Quote:
Jenni Murray, presenter of Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour, upset transgender lobbyists when she said men who had undergone sex-change operations could not claim to be ‘real women’ since they did not have ‘the experience of growing up female’.
Yet another stupid one, especially when coupled with

Quote:
Transgender campaigners condemn such phrases as inaccurate and offensive. Even ‘biologically male’ and ‘biologically female’ are deemed ‘problematic’ by the influential U.S. gay rights ‘media monitoring’ group GLAAD (which used to be called the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, because they ‘oversimplify’ the ‘complex subject’ of gender. We’re told the correct usage is to say an individual is ‘assigned’ or ‘designated’ male or female at birth.
I always ask when people start with this rubbish, if a transwoman is a woman, how do you describe the class of women, without referring to stereotypes as stereotypes are bollocks and not everyone follows them anyway. Its impossible to do. 'Anyone who identifies as a woman' does not work...because...what are they identifying with? The description becomes 'anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies' and so on. With no end. So no, transwomen are not women, they are transwomen. To say they are women is both false and erasing who they actually are. Its actually transphobic to say they are women, as thats erasing the fact that they are trans as if trans is something to be ashamed about.

The whole trans debate has got ****ing ridiculous. As female penises and such are mainstream thinking now. 'Self-identification' with no diagnoses of 'sex dysphoria' is being pushed for. How is one trans without sex dysphoria exactly? Something people said would never happen and its 'just a fringe' and so on. Well its not. And they are pushing for changes to the law to protect 'gender identity' rather than 'gender reassignment'. And given 'gender identity' is all in ones head (I dont even have a gender identity, I just am a female) how on earth can laws be made based on a feeling? Its just stupid.

Rant over. That article annoyed me a lot as I thought it would be bollocks made up by the mail yet a lot of it is actually true, though many will think it isn't as it sounds so bizarre.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-11-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote