View Single Post
Old 19-11-2017, 01:34 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Another times article about this

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/u...ca4696b07cfc49

Quote:
“There is a conflict here between transgender rights and the rights of other people such as women. What is shocking is that we are rushing into this [self-declaration] without evidence of its impacts.”

The effect can already be seen in Scotland, where this policy is broadly in place and most trans prisoners are allowed to transfer to women’s units without a gender recognition certificate. Scotland has 18 transgender prisoners, including 13 male-to-female, far more than England and Wales for its prison population size. Most are in female accommodation.

One of the 13, Paris Green, was convicted of murder as a man and has twice been allowed to transfer to women’s units before being moved out again after having sex with female inmates.

Another trans inmate, Tiffany Scott, convicted as Andrew Burns for stalking a 13-year-old girl, assault and other offences, punched a prison officer and threw a chair at the prison nurse. The offences, which took place when Scott was asking to be known as Mighty Almighty, led to a court hearing at which Scott screamed that the presiding sheriff was a “********** transphobe bastard” for referring to her by the wrong pronoun.
Self identification is a huge huge problem. Post-op transsexual people, fair enough (hell, the operations aren't even needed to gain a gender recognition certificate at the moment anyway, only a diagnosis of sex dyshoria and 'living as' the opposite sex for 2 yearts, hardly a big ask for those who apparently want to make a lifetime decision? But apparently even this is 'gatekeeping' and 'transphobic' and no requirements should be necessary, just a online form to 'change sex'). But males with intact penises, and especially those convicted of raping women, should be nowhere near female prisons. Funnily enough, there have been no transmen (females) requiring to be moved to the male prison to be their true selves. I wonder why that is eh?

I remember signing the petition to move that Tara Hudson to a female prison. It made out that they were post op in the news and I think the actual petition wording too. I specifically remember seeing that they had had the operations, and the reason I signed was as I could see that it would be detrimental definitely to be in a male prison post-op. Turns out 'operation' means, they had had a boob job. Great. A male with a boob job does not a female make ffs.

Even though Tara did look quite feminine, the solution would have been putting them away from males, but not in with females either.

This article is being screamed about on twitter too. Transphobic too apparently. Anything thats getting the truth of whats happening out there is 'transphobic'. The word means nothing anymore :S

Edit. Sorry for hijacking the thread. This really set me off a bit and I really do feel the general public should be informed rather than this rubbish being passed without question all because a few entitled men want it to be and screech 'terf' or 'bigot' at anyone who dares question it
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-11-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote