Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxie-D View Post
He was literally 16 or something when he said these ****ing tweets, give him a break! A lot of kids talk like this ngl, it’s not the most PC but a lot of people can be called ******s or ******* without any derogatory intent (providing they aren’t gay or disabled) it’s just an insult teenagers give to take away someones identity, doesn’t mean they think there’s anything wrong with gay or disabled people.
I don't really see how age is relevant?

I'm 17 (ha ha! so mature) and I'd never dare say that out loud, let alone tweet it for the whole world to see (maybe the fact I'm also gay and disabled has a part to play in that, or maybe it's because I learnt right from wrong and knew not to say anything offensive back in me wee primary school days all that time ago!)

The people my age who uses that language are scummy people in attitude and personality and there's very few people that use it, since people learn right from wrong at an early age. Hell, even if he was 12, I'd still hold him accountable. But the fact he was at an age were he was practically an adult and he thought it was acceptable to say those slurs is just unacceptable.

Did he mean offence? Well given the context of many (for example, to the reporter) of the tweets, he did. I remember Tom got a lot of flack during BB18 for a few throwaway comments with a gay slur, and while I'm still against what he said and I'm not saying it's "better", at least he didn't say them in a way which was intentionally offensive (as in, he didn't say that with the intent of hurting, despite the fact it's offensive as ****), whereas Jack here used them as insults, and given they're already offensive and he's repeatedly used them (I swear Tom used the word once, maybe twice?) I just can't possibly excuse him.

Could he have changed and realised what he said was wrong? Probably, four/five years changes a person, especially so young, but that doesn't change the fact he's said them and has been so vile and hasn't apologised (nor has he proven he's actually changed), so I'll forever have a low opinion on him until he does something about this
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote