View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 05:58 PM #3162
-

-

I haven't seen Justice League yet and not sure what to make of people saying it's "not amazing" but good and better than BvS... Because I still think BvS is a great film and better than easily 80% of the MCU . So when people say it's better, I don't know if that means I'll find it great OR if it means that it's been changed in ways that I won't like .

As for the Batman problem - I do also rate Affleck as a decent Batman but... Batman in the League has always been problematic simply because without the "comic book effect" it becomes impossible to have him stack up with the heavy hitters in any realistic way. He's just a highly skilled bloke with a lot of tech, it's not really comparable to Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman etc... Supes and Flash especially, their powers are kind of the next tier up when they're in full flow surely. It was a pretty obvious in BvS too - kryptonite was relied on heavily to make the "feature fight" realistic as Superman could basically throw Batman into the sun at full strength. And then in the final battle against Doomsday he was sort of religated to a support role while Wonder Woman and Superman did the heavy lifting... Because if he tackled Doomsday head on he'd get stomped.

Poor ol' Oliver Queen has the same problem in the DCTV universe at this point... He's teaming up with Flash & his new superpowered crew (Vibe, Killer Frost etc), Supergirl, Firestorm etc... And it's sort of like... Realistically, do they need a guy who is good with a bow and martial arts?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote