Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The decision on sentience wasn't taken in the EU, that was the meaning behind that statement Smudgie. My post was in relation to the decision taken in our parliament only.

There is as always the challenge from Livia that we have better protections than anywhere, but where are they? Where is the burden of proof that our animal rights protections are better? Of course imagining for a second they are will they still be when the issue of animal sentience is applied to preexisting legislation? Will animals be afforded the same protections due to the fact it has been asserted they have no capacity for emotion?

I'm sorry I confused you but again I'm conscious of the conversation being diverted into an EU bashing exercise rather than a discussion on how our independence is being mapped.
We are a nation of animal lovers, does this ruling speak for us and what will it mean for the future of animal welfare in England?
Ah right.
Just that the EU was mentioned in the post.
I can actually see where Livia is coming from, in as much as we do have decent animal welfare here, better than some EU countries.
I know people bring up the foxhunting, but I really can't see a bill to overturn it ever getting through parliament.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote