View Single Post
Old 23-09-2007, 07:45 PM #5
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Trolls don't get a good press

Kind of obvious

Remember the Three Billy Goats Gruff?

Trolls are not just mystical creatures of utter evil, there are human trolls out there, usually stalking these very forums, heaping vitriol, leaving obscene posts and trying to pick arguments and then running.

Trolls do not have much good PR.

Compared to the human type, some trolls in the mystical and magic sense can be refined, as they dine on babies and bunny's or what ever.

But Trolls are mean, Trolls are tough, Trolls are full of hatred, and were seen as perfect for keeping the law in the Mystical Realms, that dimension, generated by the collective unconscious of all humans, bring form to the creatures that would normally exist in our worst nightmares.

That was until their leader, the Lord Low Troll was assassinated at the start of a civil war. He was the nasty evil Troll that had me dragged to stand trial along with Lachisis and the Spirit of True Love on the charge of interfering in the lives of Mortals, to wit, the 2001 romance of Paul Clarke and Helen Adams on Big Brother 2. This was the evil nasty troll, that got upset, when the judge threw that charge against me out, because as a mortal, I can do what I like with other mortals.

This was the nasty evil, dead troll, whose son, The Prince Low Troll had tracked me down to a coffee shop in London, and he does not look like he is going to treat me to a Late

[img=150x100]http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/files/gallery/albums/NON-SOGA/NON_SOGA_Female_Troll.jpg[/img]

The Troll and I stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

"Even in your world of Mortals, you are a long way from your home in Noo Cast lee" He drawled

"How did you" I started

"Find you" he growled "With this" he answered and produced what looked like half a stone, with a flat side of polished ebony

I blinked at it, it was some kind of artefact from the Mystecal Realms

"It is a locator of dimension jump orbs" The Troll growled on "Like the one you stole"

"Stole??? I recovered it" I retorted "From the Guardian of Mortal Struggle after he was murdered"

The troll looked pained, "The only regret, I have, is that it was not at my hand he died"

"So are you going to kill me too" I asked, "Here in public"

The Prince Low Troll got angry at this, "Not that such an idea is without appeal, but no"

"Why?"

"Because, for a season, we have a common foe"

I started to pack my laptop away, "Can we discuss this outside"

The troll nodded and pulled his hood back on. I finished putting my laptop away and picked up my back pack.

Coming down to London was madness, I had nowhere to stay, and had no idea how to find and warn Brian and Amanda that they might be in danger from mystical beings - That would really go down well, or to find this middle sister, the Guardian of Mortal Struggle mentioned. I thought I would keep her from the Prince Low Troll.

He was his father's son after all

We left the coffee shop and I suggested we head for the embankment along the Thames, the troll agreed. With the state of the traffic, it took us twenty minutes to get there.

I decided to start this conversation "I assume you want to kill the supreme orc and reclaim your father's position"

"Among other things"

"Other things"

"Yes" replied the troll, "It was fortunate that I was here when the traitors moved against our clan"

I stared at him

"Yes" continued the troll, "I was here to undo the damage that one of those spirits had done, and I was successful"

"So you broke up Brimanda" I accused

The troll was puzzled, "Who?"

"Er Brian and Amanda"

The troll shook his head, "I missed that one, the mirror of Spirit activity detection lead me to Chiggy and Lamey"

"You're kidding" I askewd him incredulously "You actually know the names that BBLB gave the pairings"

"For a human, that Dermot is quite something"

I nodded in agreement, with a troll, that was the safest course.

"So you broke up Chiggy and Lamey" I asked

"Well Lamey, Chiggy imploded by itself, I like it when that happens"

"Why, why revel in that misery"

"I was not revelling in misery, I just dislike interfering in the affairs of morals"

"So you broke up Lamey"

"Yes, undoing the work of that little girl, spirit of fancying. Then the traitors moved"

I was perplexed, the troll knew of the Spirit of Fancying. Dare I mention that Brimanda was her work, I chose to bide my tongue

"So why do you need my help, how can I help defeat the Supreme Orc, why would I want to"

The troll growled, "The orcs have had a taste of human flesh, they have been promised free access to your land when they have cleard the land of all but trolls and orcs and goblins"

This was worrying, this was what Yagel Pen Swift had said.

"You do realise that you are also on the same side as Fancying and her lawyer"

The troll looked out at the Thames, "Ironic isn't it, I spent ages trying to defeat him, and now I am on the same side"

"But why do you care, if the orcs eat us, I would have thought that would make things ideal for trolls as well"

At this the Prince Low Troll grabbed me by the lapels of my jacket, "Just because I am a troll do you think I have no honour? That slime ball, and his hooded lackey killed my father and he must be avenged"

"Sorry, sir" I apologised, "I forgot that this was a family tragedy"

The troll released me

"Sorry Human, if the Orcs get their way then the Mystical Realms will dissipate. The hooded lackey has told them that they have a way that the orcs and the goblins can cross to this world and live amongst you permanently."

"What???"

"But this is a lie, we can only live in this world for a short time, unless"

"Unless what?"

"You have a talisman on Permanence" the troll said producing a disc like object .

"But what can I do?"

"I am not sure Human" The troll replied "All I know is that you and the Spirit of True Love worked together before, and you are the only one available"

"Why not the Spirit of Fancying, or Yagel Pen Swift"

"Yagel" Shouted the Troll, "Yagel"

The troll was getting angry, not a good sign, especially as I could see the opening of another dimension door just behind him

I do not know why I did this, but I found myself shouting "The Orcs!"

The Prince Low Troll, turned around and looked at the opening door, if a troll could look pale, that was the look.

The Prince Low Troll, dived into the Thames, the water fizzing as he went under, I decided to leg it, as an arrow whizzed past. I did not notice if the same people were there when the Guardian of Mortal Struggle was killed.

It was getting dark, irrespective of mystical creatures trying to kill each other with me in the cross fire, I needed a place to stay.

I still had questions

What could I a mere mortal do to help
Why was the troll agitated about Yagel Pen Swift
Why did the Troll pick up on Chiggy and Lamey and Not Brimanda
Who was next to be in the Orc's firing line, Middle Sister, Brian or Amanda

It was time for action, what, I had no idea

Don't you just hate it when the fate of two worlds hangs on what you do!!!

To be dragged on - sorry continued
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote