View Single Post
Old 14-12-2017, 01:07 PM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
Will they really have another punt at Fantastic Four? I think Fox have officially killed it . Even though it would be reverting to Disney, and have nothing to do with previous Fox efforts, the brand is pretty badly tainted... I dunno if even the MCU connection could revive it.

X-Men is ready to reboot tbh. It's kind of trash without Wolverine, and Jackman's Wolverine arc is complete IMO. Time for a proper modern-day reboot with a full new cast. I can even see them fudging the story a bit to make it so that Scarlet Witch is indeed Magneto's daughter and a mutant... like the twins were adopted out, and were infact (unknown to them) mutants already and their powers were only brought out by Hydra. In fact giving it thought - have they left the door open to that intentionally? The story about their house getting bombed and how they had to lie totally still next to a Stark Industries bomb that hadn't detonated. Possible "in" there by suggesting that Scarlet Witch was actually subconsciously using her powers to stop the bomb from detonating .

...sorry, I forgot for a second that this isn't a movies forum thread .
I think they'll introduce them in an Avengers film, it's looking like there will be a few vacancies after Civil War. They might not have their own film for a while but I can see Marvel putting the individual members in other films first to build them up before they get their own team film. I don't think Marvel's fought so hard to get the rights to the Fantastic Four back just to let them languish once they have them.

I loved Logan but I don't think the X-universe suffers without his presence, I thought First Class was one of the best X-men films and he was only in it for one scene. With Dark Phoenix pretty much bridging the gap between the past and the start of the modern X-Men films, I can see them ending the old continuity and just going forth with a new X-team so they don't have to rely on the Inhumans any more. I think films like Deadpool and the New Mutants will just be slotted into the new continuity as they are.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote