Old 19-12-2017, 06:31 PM #1820

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Nadia Almada

A tragic cut but one I had to make all the same to save our Nikki (although Marc is an absolute bastard and cut her anyway now). Nadia is the most legendary BB winner of all time in pretty much everybody's view (Her legacy is greater than that of our Helly Woo Woo whom is my personal favourite Big Brother winner with Nadia just trailing behind) and her arc in the Big Brother house is rather beautiful. She entered the house and chose to keep her status as a transgender a secret from the rest of her housemates and for the most part I think none of them were suspicious or anything (I do recall some comments being made among the men but I don't recall the exact details of who said what and the severity of them etc). She formed an iconic friendship group with Emma, Michelle and Marco and together the foursome were the 'Lip Gloss Bitches' whom are like the greatest BB friendship ever. They were kind of the entertainers of the house because the other housemates liked to sit around and talk about the game (their rival group, 'The Jungle Cats') or were just generally normal people (Vanessa, Dan and Shell for example) and this ended up making things in the house rather hostile and of course resulted in Fight Night after Emma & Michelle returned from being fake evicted yada yada yada we all know this.

But what makes Nadia such a great housemate to me is the way she carries herself. She manages to make melting down on trashy reality television look glamorous. What other woman could sob in the diary room about not having cigarettes or scream and square up to other men and still look like such a lady? She had some generally heart warming moments (and these are a credit to her other housemates also) like when some arsehole decided to shout over the wall that she was a man whilst she was sat outside with Dan and he pretended not to hear them and when Bekki entered and promised her that she would not tell the rest of the house even though she knew that Nadia was a transgender which was absolutely lovely. I'm also OBSESSED with the moment they all did a talent show (I think it was early on actually as quite a lot of them were still in the house) and she came out in THAT black dress and imitated Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday <3 And the fact she wore that black dress underneath a white dressing gown every week until she got evicted which wasn't actually her eviction but actually her winner's moment which just leads me onto what is probably one of most people on this website's favourite moments which is when Nadia leaves the house after winning and just takes in all the acceptance and love from the crowd and even now watching it on YouTube you can literally feel the energy of it all and it's just so lovely to see her feel accepted and loved for who she is Marco and Emma sobbing and holding each other as she left the house Her shaking her little arms not knowing what to do with herself screaming thank you to the crowd who are screaming in adoration Absolutely lovely. Warms the cockles!

Post show she enjoyed a sexy media career, appeared in a Kit Kat advert with Anthony and Craig and managed to live in the BB Australia house in the final week I recall. She also returned for UBB but honestly, the less said about that the better because it's just horrible. A legendary BBUK housemate and an amazing winner!

Last edited by Cal.; 19-12-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote