View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:29 PM #25
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I think the investigation into his ties with Russia and the fact that most of his own party don't even want him will contribute to his premature ejection (something I'm sure he's used to) from the Oval office.

The investigation could easily have been stalled for a few years but I reckon you've got enough people on both sides of the political fence with enough sway to speed it along that hate Trump.
If the Russian ties are accurate, the last thing the US political establishment wants is for the rest of the world to know that Russia successfully got someone into the Whitehouse. It'll never be more than a rumour because, even when / if it's proven, it'll be buried... the best that can be hoped for is that they might use it to clip his wings, force him to serve his term without enacting anything major in exchange for letting him retire from politics without criminal charges.

The hope that they will actually put their hands up and say "Yup... our election process and the position of the most powerful leader of the world can be and has been influenced by outside forces" is unrealistic... and tbh not even desirable. The implications and the political instability it would cause would be catastrophic.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote