View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 04:37 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurryface View Post
There were times when Kim Woodburn was vile and really quite horrible to some of her housemates. Yes, a lot wasn't as exhausting or as horrible as Bear but she still said some nasty stuff yet is hailed as a 'legend', 'icon' and other like terms on TiBB.
That's not the point. Kim isn't liked because she 'provides talking points' or 'is quite horrible to some of her housemates.' People liked her because she was hilarious in how she acted, her paranoia that she was against the mafia, her argumentative style, the fact that she was an elderly person with this infantile reaction to things like comparing herself to Jesus Christ.

I can't see how 'providing talking points' makes you a good housemate. If we're going by that logic, you may as well call Jack Tweed, Danielle Lloyd, and Jo O'Meara 'good housemates' simply for them providing talking points with CBB5. As I've echoed already what I care about is the behavior, and how it ruined thirty hours of television. And the gender thing you mentioned actually really annoys me because it's simply a consistently untrue theory. Take Pete Burns for example, who was incredibly hurtful when he wanted to be and highly insultive. But he's hailed as a legend or icon like Kim is because of the sharp wit in how he talks, his words, his clever actions, etc. and that's one of the many reasons people liked her as well. There's no wit behind what this disgusting goblin monster called 'Bear' did. He's a ****ing scoundrel and 'providing talking points' is irrelevant when you're a human ****.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote